Friday, January 30, 2015

All Socks, All the Time

Well this week, believe it or not, we had our first snowstorm of the season.  The kids got their first storm day on Tuesday, and they ended up with Wednesday off as well because the roads were so icy in the morning.  We only got about half of the snow that we were supposed to get, so 5-6" instead of 12"+, which was fine by me.  It was super duper windy, and it warmed up and changed to a lot of ice pellets and freezing rain.  Our snow is all crusty and crunchy.  I went out after supper with the snow blower and was pummeled with ice pellets the whole time.  Up til Tuesday we got a little dusting of snow a couple of times, and inch or less, nothing a broom couldn't handle or just leave and let it melt off when the sun came out.  Tonight it's supposed to snow a couple of inches, change to freezing rain, then rain, then back to snow tomorrow night and cold on Sunday, so everything will be a skating rink again.  And possibly snow on Monday.  I hope this wasn't the start of something, I was enjoying a snow-free winter just fine.

My first FO of the year was - surprise! - socks.  First up are a pair of vanilla socks for me knit out of Wandering Cat Yarns Barn Cat in Johnny Jump Up.  Ravelry details here.


I used the leftovers to make a pair of Little Johnny Jump Ups.  I didn't have enough yarn so I used some leftover Kroy for the toes.  Details here.




And also a pair of socks for me, Weasley Homestead Socks.  Details here.


The Littlest One's school band is making a Valentine's Basket to raffle off to raise money, so they wanted all of the band students to bring something in.  One of the things they listed was funky socks.  So I made a pair of socks with lace hearts, ankle version as I was short on time before I found out anything about it, they wanted the donations in today.  These were finished last night and photographed this morning.  The pattern is Cairi's Sweet Heart, the yarn is Herrschners Sock Yarn Solids in royalty, details here.


And also out of the same yarn a pair of Columbia Socks.  Details here.


Happy knitting!

1 Comments:

Blogger Wanderingcatstudio said...

All the socks look great- but I love those heart ones!

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home