Monday, July 01, 2013

Socks!

Lots of socks knit this month in an attempt to reach 26 pairs for the 26 Pair Plunge III, but alas, I failed.  I ended up with 23 pairs.  Yesterday we ended up taking the kids to supper at Boston Pizza and then to the movies to see Monsters University in 3D, plus some shopping as well, so there went 7 hours.  (Expensive!  We don't do movies very often, and every time we do go I remind myself why we never go.  Cha CHING!)  I had hoped to crank out two pairs of baby socks and finish up a pair that has been on the needles too long, but alas I caved to failure!
 
 
First up are a pair of exciting Thujas -- I say exciting because these are an actual Christmas gift!  These were knit on 4.5mm needles, started June 7, finished the 12th, Briggs & Little Tuffy in red mix and oatmeal.  Details here.
 

I haven't knit for charity for a few years, so this year I decided to use up some leftover yarns (and yes, I thought small socks might help me reach 26 pairs!) and make some socks.  I have a goal of 20 pairs of baby/toddler/kid socks to send to them for their September shipment.  Six pairs were credited to the 26PPiii, if I reach my goal then that will make 14 pairs towards the 26PPiv, and I should have no problem making 12 more pairs, right?  I won't go into details on these socks, but if you want to see details just click here. That will tell you the start/end dates, yarn details, stitch count, etc.  They are all vanilla socks except I spruced it up a bit and did a 4x2 rib on the striped pair.
 


Today is Canada Day, but it's a rainy, wet day.  If it clears up we may head to a town 1/2 hour drive away for fireworks.  There are none in town tonight, they did that last weekend for Privateer Days. (Best fireworks we had in years!  Lots of new ones, plus for the first time in eons it didn't come in foggy and damp.)

Happy knitting!

1 Comments:

Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Wow, it's been a LONG time since I've visited your blog (or my own knitting/craft one at that). I haven't had any knitting mojo really, since I moved to northern British Coloumbia. Seeing your socks, and scrolling through your other posts, I really hope the mojo comes back. I head back east next week, and hopefully I'll get some knitting done now that I'm off for the summer and have time.

Hope to be back again real soon!

Shelley @ Kitten Yarns and Crafts (I renamed it with the old name from Kitten Knits Yarn)

2:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home