Monday, October 08, 2012

Sockheaded

A new hat for me to add to our winter accessory pile, this is Sockhead Hat, the yarn is Marks & Katten Fame Trend, a yarn that I did NOT enjoy working with and will hopefully never use again! It was full of knots, and with two of the knots the yarn changed color direction, and it was as thin as quilting thread in places and thick like roving in others.  I would never, ever use this yarn for socks, and had I been using this for socks I'da been pretty ticked with the knots and color changing direction. It's quite scratchy, too, even after washing, so another good thing that made using it for a hat better than for socks. Mini-rant over, I used 2.75mm needles cuz I didn't have a short enough 3mm, and I couldn't find one in town. I knit a little loosish anyways, so this was perfect. I followed the pattern to the letter, and it turned out just right.  Started September 24, finished October 5.  Details here.
 



Hope all of my Canadian friends are enjoying their holiday weekend. (It's Thanksgiving today in Canada.)  Hubs went to work yesterday as he is off next week while his truck gets repaired from the moose incident.  The boys and I went to Ma and Pa's for turkey and ham yesterday. So I find today feels like Sunday, and the rest of my week will be messed up!  There's lots and lots on the go, so I hope I don't mess anything up! Got to keep my days straight.

Happy knitting!

3 Comments:

Blogger Monika said...

The hat looks nice enough, but I know what you mean. Happy Thanksgiving!

4:35 PM  
Blogger Wanderingcatstudio said...

Adorable hat!

12:10 PM  
Blogger Barbara from Nova Scotia said...

Nice hats! I think I will make one, too, or two! :)

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home